Hi everybody!
It's been a long time, but I haven't really felt like I had anything to say. You know how it gets, probably... weeks go by, and nothing really important seems to happen, and then before you know it, it's been months and you have a hard time thinking of any major changes in your life.
Well, I graduated with a B.A. in Linguistics and a minor in Computer Science back in May, as many of you already know. The university's calculation process is confusing, but I think I graduated with highest honors, which is a bit mollifying. I won't know until I get the diploma, I guess. Anyway, I don't feel much different, but people assure me that it's an important life change, or something. My wonderful mom and aunt came out to watch me do the little ceremony thing, and I took them on a whirlwind 3-day tour of the island afterwards. It was surprisingly fun, actually, playing tour guide. We had a great time.
Plans for the future? Hmm. Well, what I tell everyone is that I'm "looking at grad schools". I want to do work with artificial intelligence, and a lot of the interesting stuff requires at least a master's degree. I'm aiming at starting next fall, though, so that's still a little ways away. In the meantime, I'm staying here for now. I have a part-time job that pays the bills, and in this economy that's nothing to sneeze at. I've been thinking that I might come back to the mainland in the spring to visit some schools, but we'll see.
Hmm, not an awful lot else I can think of... I shaved off the last of my beard for the summer, so the last pictures you've seen of me are probably out of date. I've been doing some web design work on the side, which I don't really enjoy that much anymore, but it's a service that lots of people need.
Well, that's about all, I guess. If I can think of anything later, I'll try to post more updates.
ECC and orapki
11 years ago
3 comments:
I sneeze at my job all the time.
I remain immensely proud of you Kevin, and congratulate you on your achieving one of your goals. You are awesome in my book! :-)
(get some tissues for Sandy...)
Post a Comment