Monday, February 5, 2007

The risks of stowing delicate electronics in checked luggage.

So my computer is dead. Not the laptop I'm typing on now, obviously, but my desktop. I had actually been quite surprised at how well its components had fared, stuffed in my checked luggage with clothes on a 20-hour flight. Truth be told, the secondhand power supply S. found for me in town here might have fried the motherboard. Or the board might have fried itself. Hard to say. I'm pretty sure it's gone for good, though. It's too bad. It might've just been a pile of electronic circuitry, but I was fond of the ol' boy. I put it together by hand a couple years ago, and it's served me well all this time. At least the other parts are probably still good.

In other news, I think Richardson's Beach is my favorite beach in the Hilo area. It's got a nice blend of rocks, sand, calm water, rough water, swimming/snorkeling areas, surfing/boarding areas, and so on. It's still not really a traditional "beach", but it's a fun place.

Also, classes are going well. I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable, especially in my Spanish and C++ classes. I'm also looking for a job - we'll see how that works out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, you are one dedicated, heavy blogger! Cool it, spend more time enjoying the sights, and doing your homework.

Oh. Never mind.